before talking benefits and side effects of vitamin B complex, we should know some about vitamin B.
B vitamins are a collection of nutrients that have a variety of functions in the body. Since these vitamins are present in a wide range of foods, most people get the required amounts by diet alone.
Generation, breastfeeding, food preferences, medical disorders, biology, prescription, and alcohol consumption, on the other hand, all raise the body’s need for B vitamins. Supplementing with B vitamins could be required in these circumstances.
Alcohol is a problem if you have one. Here are the best remedies for alcohol withdrawal that will be helpful to you.
What is the benefits and side effects of vitamin b complex:
While some people need to supplement with B-complex vitamins due to medical problems, evidence has shown that taking a B-complex supplement can be beneficial even though you don’t have an elevated need for these nutrients.
B vitamins are important for preserving good health and happiness. B vitamins have a strong effect on energy levels, brain activity, and cell metabolism because they are the building blocks of a healthy body.
Vitamin B complex aids in the prevention of diseases and the support or promotion of:
- cell health
- growth of red blood cells
- energy levels
- good eyesight
- healthy brain function
- good digestion
- healthy appetite
- proper nerve function
- hormones and cholesterol production
- cardiovascular health
- muscle tone
- B vitamins are particularly essential for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. These vitamins help in the growth of the fetal brain as well as lowering the risk of birth defects.
- B vitamins can also help pregnant women feel more energized, reduce nausea, and reduce the risk of preeclampsia.
- B vitamins are believed to boost testosterone levels in males, which decline as they get older. They can also aid in the development of muscle and strength in men. However, there are no individual trials to back up these arguments.
[The other disease affecting males is trichomoniasis. This is something you might be interested in reading]
Side effects of vitamin B complex:
- Since B vitamins are water-soluble, you’re unlikely to get too many of them from your diet or from taking a B-complex supplement as directed. Taking supplements with unnecessarily high and unnecessary amounts of B-complex vitamins, on the other hand, can cause severe side effects. Supplemental B3 (niacin) in high doses can cause nausea, high blood sugar, skin flushing, and even liver injury.
- Furthermore, high B6 doses can result in nerve damage, light exposure, and painful skin lesions. B-complex supplements can also cause urine to turn bright yellow as a side effect. Although discolored urine can seem alarming, it is actually your body’s way of getting rid of vitamins it can’t use.
- If you need a B-complex substitute, look for reputable brands who volunteer to have their drugs reviewed independently by organizations such as the US Pharmacopeial Convention (USP).
B-complex supplements can be beneficial to pregnant mothers, older adults, vegans, and people with some medical conditions. These supplements can also help with mood, cognitive performance, and depressive symptoms. If you follow the prescribed dose, which varies based on age, nutrient demands, gender, and fitness, side effects are rare. If you’re unsure whether or not taking a B-complex supplement would improve your health, see your doctor if it’s the best option for you.